Rebecca Rosenblum is a writer and editor living in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. She grew up in a small town near Hamilton, Ontario. She holds an Honours English degree from McGill, a publishing certificate from Ryerson, and a masters of English and creative writing from University of Toronto. She works in publishing during the day, writes short stories evenings and weekends, and…that’s pretty much it. She spends her remaining time on the bus or asleep or both.
Rebecca’s short fiction has been short-listed for the Journey Prize, the National Magazine Award, and the Danuta Gleed Award, longlisted for the Relit Award, and she was herself a juror for the Journey Prize 21. Her work has been seen in Exile Quarterly, The Antigonish Review, The New Quarterly, Journey Prize Stories 19, Maisonnueve, Coming Attractions, and Best Canadian Stories.
Her first collection of stories, Once, won the Metcalf-Rooke Award and was one of Quill and Quire’s 15 Books That Mattered in 2008. The Maclean’s blog called Rebecca “Canlit Rookie of the Year” in 2008. Her second collection, *The Big Dream*, was published by Biblioasis in September 2011.
Rebecca’s agent is the wonderful Samantha Haywood at The Transatlantic Literary Agency. If you would like to know more about Rebecca, please read/listen to/watch some of the fun interviews and profiles below.
- Profile in the Canadian Jewish News
- Profile in Canadian Notes and Queries
- Interview with Kerry Clare on Pickle Me This
- Desk Profile on Desk Space
- Interview in The Danforth Review
- 19 Questions with Rob McLennan
- Interview with Open Bar Toronto (slideshow with audio)
- Interview on That Shakespearian Rag
- Interview on Now Hear This Blog
- One question interview on BoydBlog
- Interview with the Santa Fe Writers’ Project
- Interview with Angela Hibbs on Open Book Toronto
- Interview with Mark Sampson and Julie Wilson on Canadian Bookshelf
- Interview with Michael Bryson on The Danforth Review
- Interview with Braydon Beaulieu at Faded Paper
- Interview on Open Book Toronto
- WOSS Profile in*The Lance*
- Video Interview on video on Today’s Windsor
- Interview with Julie Wilson in the Afterword (National Post)
- Interview with Chad Pelley on Salty Ink
- Interview with Ariel Gordon in the Winnipeg Free Press
- Guest Blog Post on “My Seven Treasures” on Allyson Latta’s blog
- Interview on The Toronto Review of Books blog
- Mini-essay onVancouver International Writers’ Fest blog
- Interview with The Jewish Independent